Tour d'Azerbaidjan 2017
The first stage starts on the 3rd of May in Baku and finishes in Sumqayit racing 150 km distance. This is a good chance for sprinters where they can decide the fate of the race within the last five laps.
On May 4th the second stage will take the start from the Veloprk near the Caspian seashore and will head out to high Caucasus mountains racing 187 km distance from Baku to Ismayilly. The stage looks challenging with strong winds, winding roads and uphill.
The third stage will take the start from Gabala to Oghuzh racing 177 km towards Sheki then racing all the way around finishing in Gabala. Stones on a site near the medieval Caravanserai can become a serious challenge for the riders.
The start of the fourth stage is in Gabala. After racing 164 km kilometers the riders will reach up to the finish line near Pirqulu. The route will go through Aghsu mountain cliffs up to Pirgulu town.
With total of 158 km distance the fifth stage will be held in Baku, including central avenues and streets of the capital.
- 03.05.2017 Stage 1 / Baku - Sumgayit (150 km)
- 04.05.2017 Stage 2 / Baku - Ismayilli (187 km)
- 05.05.2017 Stage 3 / Gabala - Oghuz - Sheki - Oghuz - Gabala (177 km)
- 06.05.2017 Stage 4 / Gabala - Ismayilli - Agsu - Shamakhy - Pirgulu (164 km)
- 07.05.2017 Stage 5 / Baku - Absheron - Baku (158 km)